THE FOOD OF THE FUTURE REQUIRES COURAGEOUS AND RADICAL INNOVATORS WHICH BREAK NEW WORK AND POINT OUT NEW WAYS IN FOOD PRODUCTION AND FOOD CULTURE. FOODMAKER IS FOR YOU WHO WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE NEXT STEPS IN THE ADJUSTMENT WORK REGARDING FOOD AND SUSTAINABILITY.
Foodmaker is a course that has engaged over 300 swedish food nerds, entrepreneurs, activists, growers, restaurateurs, meat farmers and officials and more. in recent years through several interesting meetings, lectures and workshops – all with the theme of realizing innovations in the food chain!
The course is for you who are wondering about the following questions:
How can food make a difference? What is a city farmer?
What is a food innovation?
How can you take advantage of food waste?
What is Foodtech?
Can you grow fish indoors?
How in the world do you pickle cabbage?
How do I learn to grow in season?
Brewing beer as a sustainability work?
After completing the course, the student will have knowledge in:
* Business administration and development
* Work management
* Sustainable business models
* Marketing and sales for application in the small-scale food industry
* Food safety, current legislation and quality systems – HACCP
* Raw materials and their special properties, how and when they are best applied
* Sustainability and environmental knowledge in the food industry
* Logistics for small-scale food producers
* Product development, conceptualization and innovation
* Digital aids to streamline small-scale food production
After completing the course, the student will have skills to:
* Establish a business plan
* Carry out market and external analysis
* Develop, conceptualize, package and present innovative products
* Apply food laws and recommendations regarding hygiene, additives, labeling and packaging
* Plan the use of different raw materials in a resource-efficient and sustainable way
* Plan for logistics and sustainable distribution of products
* Use digital tools to optimize marketing, sales and distribution
* Understand how new customer value can be added to existing products
* Supervise their own business or as an employee
* Work independently as a food craftsman in (small-scale) food processing.
* Independently run companies in food crafts and food processing.
* Develop and sell new products and services.
* Independently plan, organize and complete the work based on the established business plan and model.
* Use existing digital platforms to manage and develop their business regarding production and marketing / sales.
* Supervise staff in their own business or as an employee in a supervisory role.
Potential professional roles:
1. Supervisor, food industry
2. Food workers, meat and fish preparation
3. Food workers, dairy products
4. Food craftsmen